Before becoming a counsellor, I worked for 25 years in banking & finance, sales & marking and office management roles. Due to my passion for emotional wellness and knowing I was well equipped with my own life experiences, I decided to change my career path. I always wondered “why do people feel and behave the way they do, how do we get the most out of life and reach our fullest potential?” As your counsellor I will work collaboratively with you towards:
- Gaining awareness and insight into what the issues are and how they affect you
- What are the outcomes/goals you wish to achieve
- What those outcomes/goals mean to/for you
- Explore what is holding you back from achieving these outcomes/goals
- How you may work through those circumstances or barriers towards your best outcome.
Currently I work in private practice in Birkenhead, North Shore, Auckland. Previous work includes 5 yrs as a Counselling Tutor for a tertiary education provider, 3 years facilitating groups in the domestic violence field with women and teenage girls. I work with many issues and have a special interest and expertise working with anger management, depression and anxiety.
I work from a client centered base and draw on a variety of modalities such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, Behaviour Therapy and Gestalt Therapy.
I am a Member of the New Zealand Association of Counsellors.